Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please vote for Harbeth M40.1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was in middle of auditioning Harbeth SHL5 (Used) driven by Naim gear. I went to his house with my Le 120 to audition. Sound quality was very good, especially the Mids were great compared to my KEF 203/2s. However one distinctive difference was i had to increase volume to -10dB to hear out "similar loudness to my ear" which i m used to -20dB on my KEF 2013 without SAM and fairly large room without any damping done. Harbeths were in smaller place and quieter environment. Any similar observation regarding Volume read out on Devialets?

I truly liked Harbeth SHL5, will be good for my 18x16 ft' room.

Anyways the owner claimed SQ from Devialet better than that came out from his Naim gear. Was also showing off to his wife - WAF in play like typical men hobby stuff Smile.

One more thing on the Harbeth spec sheet on website claims ideal with 25W/Channel should be sufficient, this person was claiming that might not be entirely true and they need additional power to fire them up. I thought Le 120 should be good enough looking at the spec sheet. However my volume read was -10dB. I took back seat on that front regarding Harbeth. Anyone facing similar volume control?

However the SHL5 were pleasant to hear, easy on ears and Mids - Super!. Initially I did not like them. almost to the conclusion of my time allowed to audition is when i started liking them.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please vote for Harbeth M40.1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - by Jnan_devi - 29-Mar-2016, 06:53