Poll: Which streaming input sounds best to you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
USB
35.40%
57 35.40%
AIR WiFi
14.29%
23 14.29%
AIR Ethernet
44.10%
71 44.10%
UPnP
6.21%
10 6.21%
Total 161 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Which streaming input on the Devialet sounds best to you?
(24-Jun-2014, 13:49)Petter Wrote: Had to ask since i did a test of Audirvana earlier,and did communicate with Thierry at that time ,who said that the way air was built and set up to control itunes and the sound card it had no effect using other controls ,when using Devialet air?

They even point that out in the guide,but via usb another story

How do you set up Audirvana against air then ?

In the Audirvana preferences under "Audio Systems" I selected Devialet AIR as Audio Device and checked the boxes "Exclusive access mode" and "Use Max I/O buffer size" and unchecked "Direct mode" and "Integer Mode". Checking either of the last two resulted in no playback.

In the "Audio Filters" tab under "Forced upsampling" I selected "None" because the Devialet AIR app will do the upsampling.

Those are my settings for Audirvana

In the AIR app I selected a rather large buffer of 2000ms. I'm still experimenting with this setting. A low buffer resulted in faster playback (as in Alvin and the Chipmunks). I Also selected a Default format of 24/192. I have some 24/192 files and I don't want them to be downsampled.

The AIR app seems to be made for iTunes only, but I believe that is because the early D-Premier could only use iTunes as streaming playback. AIR now supports so much more playback apps, because it behaves as a virtual soundcard.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which streaming input on the Devialet sounds best to you? - by Eddye - 24-Jun-2014, 16:18