Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Right channel balance has to be bumped 16-20%
Interesting situation. Mine may not be as serious, but I think I too may have a balance issue. I've checked all the settings in the config setup, so I am certain that is not the problem. I've also changed speakers and swapped cables from side to side.

I put on a song, select balance and then stand between the speakers, with my eyes closed. I adjust the balance until it sounds centred. I do this standing between the speakers as well as farther away, and I also do it facing forward and backwards so as to account for any imbalance in my hearing. I find that I'm often in the 18% - 26% bias to the right side (facing the system). As my system is in the living room, with furniture and other tiresome niceties, I will need to move stuff around to determine if it is a room effect, rather than an electronic defect.

I haven't had much calm listening time in the last few weeks, but I hope to get some free time this weekend, and I will give it another trial. I have mentioned it to my dealer, but that was 2 months ago, and I was not certain of the situation. I know that my previous Naim systems, in exactly the same location, did not need balancing; indeed I always wondered why there was a balance control at all.

I will be interested in how this story plays out.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Right channel balance has to be bumped 16-20% - by Damon - 09-Jun-2015, 18:17