Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Right channel balance has to be bumped 16-20%
Finally heard from my dealer and he is being "forced" to turn this issue over to France for further disposition. He acknowledges the problem but says Devialet is required by law to either "repair/replace" my unit but ultimate decision will be made in France. They've asked for my phone number and promised him they'll call me within a reasonable time to try to walk me thru the configurator to sort the issue. Even tho he's told them I've tried that they believe someone on the phone speaking in broken/unintelligible english will miraculously guide me thru curing the balance issue. He also worries that Devialet knowing full well I'm in the US will require me to send my unit directly to France for repair. He's volunteered to personally reimburse me the shipping charges as he doubts they will cover them voluntarily. Additionally he's asked that if it does have to be returned to France for repair that I contact him and he will make one last plea to them for replacement rather than repair since the unit was DOA (not 'dead' but dysfunctional on arrival). At that point he concedes they'll basically do what 'they' want and that becomes the end of it. Damned uppity lot!!

I'm to call the dealer back if I haven't heard from Devialet by Thursday. Now we wait and see...
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Right channel balance has to be bumped 16-20% - by Manoet - 09-Jun-2015, 22:09