Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How have you found Devialet Support?
(rant alert)
Wow, Devialet support really know how to wind someone up! It seems they go out of their way in fact.

After weeks of hassle trying to actually get somewhere - after stupid responses, after being ignored for weeks (a UK manager had allegedly 'forgotten' to get in touch with me after it was escalated), and after having to get pretty upset with them, I finally receive their box and UPS label and get it packaged up and ready for shipment back to Paris for engineering tests/repair/replace/whatever.

While not overjoyed about it going away for several weeks, I at least breathe a sigh of relief that things are moving forwards. Deflated, but thinking there's some light at the end of the tunnel, I email Devialet as a courtesy this morning to let them know its on its way and re-list the issues for clarity (as many emails have exchanged hands). To my surprise and disbelief I get a fairly short email back essentially saying 'it's most likely configuration issues but we'll look at it'.

So now, apparently, despite a dealer saying the USB issue is almost certainly a faulty streaming board (he was going to send me one to install myself but I wanted the transformer looked at as well and felt Devialet should install it in any case), and Devialet never mentioning anything about possible configuration issues being the cause of any of the problems, suddenly on the day it's shipping back after many weeks of wasted time and aggravation, some bright spark at Devialet support just can't resist emailing something stupid about it probably not being faulty.

I'm sorry but it really is like talking to a bunch of idiots! I mean, you might as well be dealing with customer services for a vacuum cleaner. If you can actually get an answer out of support it's inconsistent, unhelpful, impolite, short, sometimes incomprehensible, and slightly arsey. In my experience.

Seriously, life's too short for this - there are other brands out there people. If anyone reading this is considering buying a Devialet, seriously, seriously, think about after-sales. It's expensive and complex technology, from a company with not perfect QA, and not great after care. If you ever have a problem no one else will be able to help you fix it - it will have to go back to them - and if you have to go though what I've been through it could make you seriously regret your purchase. And I'm working on the assumption that it will actually come back fixed, which isn't a given!

That's not to say everyone experiences this - but what I've experienced is a joke. How have other people been so lucky with support?!!!??!

Angry of SW London…..

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: How have you found Devialet Support? - by Hifi_swlon - 15-Jun-2015, 08:54
How have you found Devialet Support? - by no32 - 02-Aug-2015, 19:56