Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Room Correction SW with JRiver
(14-Jun-2015, 20:27)baconbrain Wrote: I am wanting to jump into the room correction pool and am looking for a software which works well together with JRiver but am honestly overwelhmed by the amount of information available...  Huh

Hopefully there is a fellow Devialetaner who could give me a few tips and point me in the direction of the shallow end?  Blush

Any assistance would be appreciated!

I've been using filters from Audiolense with JRiver for a long time. The convolver in MC is easy to use as long as it is stereo.(It is actually just as easy with mch, just a bit more fiddly the first times. I do not have a mch setup.) I just point the convolver to the stereo wav file created by Audiolense. This can be 32bit or 64bit, JRMC handles sample rate switching.
In my setup I've had trouble with JRiver stability. It is probably more related to drivers (USB) than JRiver, but I got crashes too often. Then last year JRiver enabled full use of the DSP engine with MC's DLNA server. I use this with either upmpdcli/MPD which is Linux or JPlaystreamer/JPlay. For upmpdcli/MPD I use JRemote, for JPlaystreamer BubbleUPnP - both Android.
If your JRiver installation is stable, just play directly as described by completeluxury. Maybe you are one of of the lucky few with no AIR white noise. In that case you can probably play via AIR.
I have no experience with Acourate, but I believe it is just as easy to use with JRiver. Maybe even easier if you use AcourateConvolver. The real work is to create good sounding filters. The learning curve can be steep! Going directly with Acourate is a good idea. Audiolense is very good and may be a little easier to use, but Acourate is more advanced and flexible and I see that people who know both often prefer Acourate for sound quality.
My current playback chain is JRiver->Intel NUC->USB->UpTone Regen->Devialet 250. For measurements I use Sound Devices USBPre2 and a calibrated Dayton EMM-6 microphone
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
Room Correction SW with JRiver - by baconbrain - 14-Jun-2015, 20:27
RE: Room Correction SW with JRiver - by Borgen - 14-Jun-2015, 20:43
RE: Room Correction SW with JRiver - by ogs - 16-Jun-2015, 16:25