Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR works perfectly, no white noise, no dropouts or stuttering
It has been over a year now since AlexS posted his "Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows" thread.  (Happy birthday white noise!  Many happy returns.)

There is now a tiny bit of feedback from Devialet that they at least know what the problem is (timing issues related to Windows clocking) and that their "engineers are working very hard to resolve this issue".

The latest beta versions of AIR have been an improvement, but for many, not the robust cure that was hoped for.

I thought it might be interesting to look at this issue form a different direction.  The AIR issues do not effect all AIR users. 

What I would like to do is compile the experiences of all users that can use AIR completely trouble free.  No white noise, no dropouts, no stuttering.  What PC are you using, is it standard, modified or optimised in any way?  My thoughts are that if we could compile the experiences of a few uses using AIR without issue, it might just be possible to spot some trends or commonality between successful and trouble free set ups.  It might work?  Who knows.

Also, I see no reason why those using AIR trouble free via a Mac should not chime in.  A successful solution is a successful solution, this needn't be entirely Widows cantered, plus the information might prove useful for anyone considering a new computer or laptop and is dithering between Mac and PC options.

I guess those with highly optimised PC's and using USB need not apply here!  I have nothing whatsoever against this approach, indeed I have been thinking about this myself, it's just that we know that USB works, so this won't add much to resolving the AIR issues.  This thread is to compile the experiences of any successful and trouble free users of AIR, I know you are out there!

Messages In This Thread
AIR works perfectly, no white noise, no dropouts or stuttering - by Confused - 11-Jul-2015, 09:37