Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not possible to get Expert and Phantom synchronous - SONOS and AirPlay doesn´t work
(20-Jul-2015, 13:51)f1eng Wrote:
(18-Jul-2015, 19:17)midi Wrote: I have tried another ATV, so two ATVs direct via toslink (one to the D120 and one to the Phantom). The same problem time delay.

Is this an Apple or a Devialet problem ?

To be glib, it is your problem...
It is neither a defect in Apple or Devialet product but a problem with you trying to do something which is not implemented yet.
Spark may have a delay which varies depending on whether the data is sent down the optical link or network. The Expert delay depends on the buffer size.

Devialet are intending to provide a way for Phantoms and Expert to work together but a date for the release has not been fixed but is probably some time during next year.
I intend to use Phantoms as the rear channels in my surround sound system with expert for the fronts. I have been advised by Devialet that this functionality will become available but in the long future, not soon.

Pardon a rather stupid question from my side:

Do I really use Spark when I sent the music to the Phantom, when I am using iTunes with AirPlay to sent the music to the Expert and the (one) Phantom ?

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to get Expert and Phantom synchronous with Air Play - by midi - 20-Jul-2015, 21:37