Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Devialet not sounding quiet right (newbie question)
pete86,

I did what you suggests. From the start after installing the slave unit it sounded quite different as I have described on this forum. So much I did the swap and tried the 'other' channel. The outcome was the same ie the new unit (slave) gave the same 'inferior' sound reproduction. However, since then things turned better (some 200 hours more burn in) but still there is a difference. I will for sure test with another link cable than the supplied Crystal Cable as the Furutech RCA hardly are optimal in my book of quality.
Of course added burn in time may yield the same signature of the master.

One thing I noticed is that the D-amp temp for the units are quite different if that may play a role but this Devialet denied when I asked them.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Devialet not sounding quiet right (newbie question) - by Mikeeo - 27-Jul-2014, 08:18