Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Start-up info shows speaker name with SAM disabled
I've just noticed something slightly surprising, and wondered whether anyone else has seen anything similar...

When I turn on my D400, the start-up "splash" screen on the display briefly shows the name "GUARNERI" in small text around the time the SAM logo is displayed.

The reason this is odd is that I'm pretty sure (having just double-checked) that SAM is disabled in my configuration.

Looking at the config files in a text editor, it seems that both the master and slave include a section like this:

"MATCHING_CONFIG":{

"SAM_ENABLE":"ON",
    "HP_NAME":"GUARNERI",
    "_speakers_path":"SONUS FABER!$SONUS FABER GUARNERI EVOLUTION",
    "SAM1":0.0040263639,
    "SAM2":0.0080527228,
    "SAM3":0.0113882734,
    "SAM4":0.0028470683,
[...many inscrutable parameters snipped...]
    "SAM61":0,
    "SAM62":0,
    "SAM63":0,
    "SAM64":0
  },

followed by one like this:

"SAM_CONFIG":{

"SAM_ENABLE":"OFF",
    "HP_NAME":"",
    "_speakers_path":"",
    "SAM_VERSION":21,
    "SAM1":0,
    "SAM2":0,
    "SAM3":0,
    "SAM4":0,
[...many zero-valued parameters snipped...]
    "SAM125":0,
    "SAM126":0,
    "SAM127":0,
    "SAM128":0
  },

It looks to me as though the MATCHING_CONFIG section may be a relic of my having played around with the SAM options in the configurator - in particular, enabling SAM for a particular speaker, then disabling it.  I guess the HP_NAME is what's being displayed on the LCD during start-up.  But I wonder what that section actually does, if SAM is disabled.

Anyone else seen this, or have any thoughts/comments?  It's fine by me -- in fact, I quite like it -- provided I can be sure SAM is actually disabled, as there's no SAM configuration for my speakers (a different flavour of Guarneri).

I'm running v7.1.3 firmware.  Not that the configurator knows that.

Thanks,

Ian
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK

Messages In This Thread
Start-up info shows speaker name with SAM disabled - by thumb5 - 14-Aug-2015, 22:11