Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power???
This might sound a very silly question but hey! I am OLD!

Since I upgraded from a 200 to 400 I had assumed Idea that the 'master' switch controlled the power settings for both units.

I could not find any reference to this in the documentation (not that I looked particularly hard) that came with the companion and the documentation on the website is 'at best' pretty poor and generalistic (which I find inexcusable for a company providing farily expensive hifi - even the chinese selling cheap electronics are better at this by far! Angry )

Now, I do have these units stacked, so it is rather difficult to see the 'window' on the bottom unit, but whilst tipping the top unit up, I can see that when you give the top unit switch a quick jab of your finger, both units power up, which confirmed my assumptions.... however....

..after a session, I am in the habit of pressing the top button once, which fades the display (presumably to stand-by), than a second press thereafter seems to turn the top unit off completely, and this I assume does the same to the bottom unit... so I did expect to find a few hrs later that both units would be cold-ish... but no, the bottom unit is still pretty hot suggesting it is in 'operation' mode, the top, tepid, leading me to think that the bottom unit is NOT turning off as expected! Problem is, that in this 'stacked' configuration, which seems the 'norm' for many 400 users, as said before, you can't instantly see what state the bottom unit is in at any time.

Cam someone please explain to an old duffer like me how it should work, in theory and practice? Huh
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.

Messages In This Thread
Power??? - by teddlesdee - 24-Aug-2015, 09:31
RE: Power??? - by octaviars - 24-Aug-2015, 11:25
RE: Power??? - by teddlesdee - 24-Aug-2015, 13:45
RE: Power??? - by brit - 24-Aug-2015, 15:15
RE: Power??? - by octaviars - 24-Aug-2015, 15:58
RE: Power??? - by teddlesdee - 24-Aug-2015, 16:33
RE: Power??? - by octaviars - 24-Aug-2015, 19:16