Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Controlling Qobuz Desktop from iPad
(16-Aug-2014, 01:32)GTX Wrote: Hi, I have a similar problem. I normally use Splashtop to control the Mac but it seems not to work when I am using AIR. What are others using to control Qobuz? Is there a way to stream Qobuz thru itunes or Amarra?

I finally got around to installing a copy of Spashtop on my iPad (iOS 7) and iMac (OSX 10.6.8) and can use it to control Qobuz Desktop from my iPad. At first I had a problem getting the s/w to stream to AIR but after I set the Splashtop preference to 'Output sound only this computer' it now works. I haven't really done any serious listening yet but my initial impression is that it doesn't seem to negatively impact the sound.

Obviously it's a little bit fiddly usng a Mac screen from an iPad but at least I don't have to keep getting up to use the iMac to change tracks etc Smile

Probably not a long-term solution but worth a play (only £2.99 on the App store)
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)

Messages In This Thread
Controlling Qobuz Desktop from iPad - by PhilP - 30-Jul-2014, 12:08
RE: Controlling Qobuz Desktop from iPad - by PhilP - 15-Sep-2014, 16:24