Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help needed! (Magico S3 or TAD Evolution One?)
I've been using S3 with a D-Premier for a good while now, its a great speaker and a great match with a Devialet amp. I can't really make the comparison you're looking for since I haven't heard the TAD Evolution One's, other than at a show.

The S3 has a fabulous mid range and treble clarity, really exceptional - my S3's replaced some Raidho C2.1 which have ribbon tweeters but despite this, the S3 is a lot more 'electrostatic like' than the Raidho - they are incredibly transparent. The other thing to say about the S3 (and all Magico's, really) is that the build quality is utterly exceptional, it's made like a Swiss watch. Great pride of ownership.

One thing I would say is that while the bass of the S3 is very controlled and articulate, it's not as deep as some other speakers I've heard, eg. Magico S5. Depending on your room size you may want a sub, depends on your absolute need for low, low bass. For me, its not a necessity.
Devialet D400, Magico S3, Crystal Cable Dreamline Plus, Aurender N100H, PS Audio Premier, QNAP NAS

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help needed! (Magico S3 or TAD Evolution One?) - by Unclemonty - 28-Sep-2015, 12:45