Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temp Mapping
    Wanted to do the surface temp mapping to compare to my 'before' numbers. Using an exceedingly accurate infra red gun with laser pointer I started. Sorry but this gun doesn't have a C/F option but google does. In the next post I did the math for you. Hopefully while cleaning up this mess later today I'll find those previous measurements but they're significant... on the order of 12-15 degrees difference (Celsius) where the latest measurements are almost identical inside & out. That HAS to be due to the higher efficiency thermal pads! Basically no difference between internal/external temps.

I was curious why the newly completed D200 felt cool to the touch. Just made no sense to me. Well after mapping my palm and insides of my fingers I had the answer. My proper palm runs 93*F and by middle knuckle its down to 92*F and by fingertip its 91*F. Of course something 82*F would feel 'cool' to my touch DUH!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!

Messages In This Thread
Temp Mapping - by Manoet - 29-Sep-2015, 15:08
RE: Temp Mapping - by Manoet - 29-Sep-2015, 15:11