Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subwoofer and Mains Filter - Problems?
Hello,

I have a Hifi-System with Devialet 200, Bookshelf-Speakers and a Martin Logan Subwoofer.

I tried to integrate the whole system by using a low-pass filter (2nd Order) on the Subwoofer (mono) and a high-pass filter on the mains. The Problem is, that if I switch between full-range standalone mains and the filtered Subwoofer-Mains system, the standalone version sounds fuller, more bass in the upper registers.

Both filters (low and high) are set to 2nd Order. Phase on the Subwoofer ist 0°. With subwoofer and mains without highpass filter it works well. But my idea was to keep the low frequencies away from the relatively small speakers. The High-Pass filter is set to 25Hz. But it sounds as if this filter decreases the ouput even over 100Hz? Isn't it true that if I set the filter to 25 Hz, everything over 25Hz should be there as if it's unfiltered?

I hope someone can help me out. The ideal thing would be to have the same sound as with Subwoofer + Mains full, but maybe with better mid-quality and less movements on the small chassis of the bookshelfs, so that they could also play louder.

Thanks to all

Messages In This Thread
Subwoofer and Mains Filter - Problems? - by technikspezi - 27-Oct-2015, 17:18