Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaker cable to tame brightness?
(17-Nov-2015, 09:45)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Hi Womaz,

By far the best money I ever spent on my system was buying Jim Smith's book Get Better Sound. It's US$35.- plus postage. If you read this book and learn how to set up your system properly you will find that your room and set up have by far (VERY far) the largest impact on your sound. This doesn't mean you will get great sound by buying the book; You will need to do a hell of a lot of work. And it's not much fun to be honest. But I assure you, once you get it right you will never look back and you won't be thinking about what cables to buy. You'll be too busy enjoying your music Smile

I agree, great and honest advice!

Edit; although finally getting really satisfying results can be addictive for some perfectionists resulting in wanting even more. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
Speaker cable to tame brightness? - by Womaz - 15-Nov-2015, 14:15
RE: Speaker cable to tame brightness? - by Pim - 17-Nov-2015, 09:45
RE: Speaker cable to tame brightness? - by Antoine - 18-Nov-2015, 20:20