Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaker cable to tame brightness?
Yes he has offered to let me trial the next Tellerium Q cable. The Blue Diamond cable as it is supposed to have a mellower sound. The cost though is just under £700, so I am keen to look at other options first. If it worked and did what I required I would be more than willing to pay that. I just feel a speaker cable will not do what I would like it to do as my system is really quite bright now.

Mind its a no risk trial so if all other options fail i can go back to him, i just do not want to mess him around.

I am also looking at some bass trap panels with a company and from what i can gather this could give me better results.

I can tame the treble , using the tome controls but its always at the cost of something else, usually dynamics I find. i think i do like that lively in your face sound signature, but the addition of the Melco has just pushed that a little too far on certain music now.

The frustrating thing is I am so close to having exactly the sound I like. I did not think the Melco would beat AIR, but it did and thats why i am keen to work with the Dev/Melco pairing
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Messages In This Thread
Speaker cable to tame brightness? - by Womaz - 15-Nov-2015, 14:15
RE: Speaker cable to tame brightness? - by Pim - 17-Nov-2015, 09:45
RE: Speaker cable to tame brightness? - by Womaz - 19-Nov-2015, 14:25