Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaker cable to tame brightness?
I have been using the Van Damme 4mm blue cables for a good 6 months now, and they are better (for me) that way more expensive Audioquest cables I started out with, but they had only a little effect on the the brightness you mentioned (with my Triangle Deltas), but enough to make reproduction a little less wearing...

BUT, the biggest and quite dramatic effect on brightness came when I swapped from 'Air' to USB and added two jitterbugs + the recon unit! Chalk & Cheese! the whole reproduction of any track I care to play is more 'rounded', warmer, sweeter... didn't expect such a change!

I now have some SoundCare Superspike stick-ons to play with this weekend, so I will be trying this mod by placing under each D400 unit to see what happens!

Still waiting for my Linear PS from HDPlex ordered way back early October... Gad! - think they are coming by Oxen across the continents!
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.

Messages In This Thread
Speaker cable to tame brightness? - by Womaz - 15-Nov-2015, 14:15
RE: Speaker cable to tame brightness? - by Pim - 17-Nov-2015, 09:45
RE: Speaker cable to tame brightness? - by teddlesdee - 23-Nov-2015, 14:10