Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What gear did you trade or sell to get Devialet?
My route to Devialet was slightly strange.
Here is my "story".
For referance this is my computer setup. (Where i spend most of my free time)

For many years i used a Denon PMA-50 with some Dali Lektor 1.
I wanted to try headphones, so i got some Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro.
Then i bought a Burson Audio Conductor 3XP for the headphones.
Had to get a small poweramp for my speakers, so i got a XTZ Edge A2-300.
For my TV audio i use a Sennheiser AMBEO Soundbar. Wanted a subwoofer, so i bought a KEF KC62.
During research for the subwoofer i fell in love with KEF. Tought to myself if the Sennheiser ever broke i would replace it with KEF LS50 Wireless II.
Could not shake the urge to upgrade, so i ended up buing the KEF LS50 Meta's to replace the Dali's.

I did not end up using my headphones as much as i tought, and the interface on the Burson is terrible. (to fine volume control and many clicks to change output/input)
So i wanted to get a new amplifier. Saw a used Devialet Expert 220 Pro, but the seller removed the ad.
After a while the ad went back up, and i contacted the seller.
He was unsure about selling it, and removed the ad again.
Later i sent him a message that if he was interested in selling, i wanted to buy. (Looked at different amplifiers in the meantime)
Finally got a yes from the seller. We agreed on a date, and i drove 7 hours (each way) to pick up the amplifier.

So things i sold to finance the 220 Pro.
-Burson Audio Conductor 3XP
-XTZ Edge A2-300
-Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro
-Canon RF 70-200 f/2.8 (camera lens)
-Godox V1 (camera flash)
Sennheiser AMBEO Soundbar KEF KC62  |  Devialet Expert 250 Pro KEF LS50 Meta  |  KEF LSX

Messages In This Thread
RE: What gear did you trade or sell to get Devialet? - by Stian_Gel - 04-Jun-2022, 15:31