Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make sure your Airport Express is set to DHCP and NAT
(06-Dec-2015, 16:41)Jamington2004 Wrote: Hi I couldn't say for your set up with wifi extenders and different rooms in the mix

For me though - mine were cutting out and crashing daily, multiple times 

Now they don't - I had to do one reset because streaming Amazon prime via ipad into optical switch and into dialogue was cutting out.

Other than its been almost perfect

Still wholly unacceptable for £3.5k of speaker to completely crash and burn if the wifi network isnt to its  liking. I could understand interference, intermittent breaks in sound - but I would expect it to pass. For Spark app to freeze and all sources to become I un-useable, and needing to do a 10 minute full reset including main router is crazy. (We are talking 150mbps wifi and top notch router and dialogue all within a few feet of the speakers in the same room) 

But for now it works with the Airport added, and the speakers are incredible so all is forgiven Smile

Hi,

My problem is  solved...

I noticed that my Access points were only operating on 2.4 Ghz which is really crowded around here...

I have used the spare router (Draytek Vigor 2830VN) to create a dedicated Wifi signal operating only on 5Ghz (by disabling the 2.4ghz signal).

In the vigor, DHCP is disabled and it act only as a Switch... Now the Dialog is now connected to the Vigor 2830 and is picking the signal only from the 5Ghz network and everything is perfect...

All my  phantoms are working perfectly and group playing is excellent...

The lesson here is that nobody needs to spend more on a Airport extreme to get this working..

IF a wifi router with simultaneous dual band is available... the system will work fine as dialog will tend to connect to the less crowded frequency (usually the 5Ghz)... and everything will work just fine.

Hope the above make sense

Thx
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Make sure your Airport Express is set to DHCP and NAT - by angenet - 07-Dec-2015, 19:19