Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sensibly-priced mains cable upgrades (<£200/€300)?
Just sprung for a used D200 and loving the sound from my Squeezebox Touch (digital coax) and LP12 / Dynavector DV10X5 into Dynaudio Contour 1.8 MkII (without SAM).

I need to buy a new power cable because my D200 came with a UK power plug which I'm using via a UK - Schuko adaptor for now (I'm in Portugal) and I thought I could afford better than chopping off the 3-pin and substituting a generic Schuko. Big Grin

Seems lots of you guys spring mega-bucks on cables but I'm not in that league.  I'm after a decent power cable with a Schuko mains connector and an IEC that fits under the D200 cable cover.  Preferably one that doesn't rob the Dev of the things it does so well.

Thinking along the lines of Chord Power Chord, Wireworld Stratus but have no experience nor realistic chances of demoing.  Budget up to £200 sterling or €300 euros.

Any thoughts?

Obrigado e boa noite
Lounge : D200, Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk II, Squeezebox Touch, Musical Fidelity X-Ray (CD Transport), Linn LP12/Ittok 3/Dynavector DV10x5, Chord Clearway & Carnival cables; Study : Squeezebox Touch, Revox PR99 MkII, NAD D 3020, Epos K1; Terrace: Squeezebox Touch, Audioengine A5+; Garage : Squeezebox 2; Rotel  RA-820BX, MA R252; assorted other Squeezebox products dotted around the place; Music Server : iMac 5K 32GB 3TB fusion drive, OSX & BootCamp W10, LMS, FLAC / MP3; Router : Huawei B310 4G; Ripping : dBpoweramp; Library Management : MediaMonkey; Location : East Algarve, Portugal

Messages In This Thread
Sensibly-priced mains cable upgrades (<£200/€300)? - by GRC - 10-Dec-2015, 21:23