Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
From Devialet Tech Support: How Phantom, Dialog & Wifi Router communicate
Hi
Interesting article/discussion...
I started having trouble after receiving my fourth silver phantom....not connection, not group playing etc...

I do agree... Although it is fairly possible to wire the phantom on the network... That very argument of flexibility and mobility is gone... And my wife will laugh at me...that was one of the main argument to spend the family money...on "these things "

So what I did was to use the features of the extra draytek vigor 2830 router to create a dedicated 5 ghz frequency and kind of force dialog to use only that frequency and the result is excellent... So how did I do it?

I have an extra vigor 2830 which I changed to a switch by disabling the dhcp server...

The vigor is a dual band simultaneously wifi device... I disabled the 2.4ghz frequency and create an ssid on a 5ghz frequency only.

Dialog is now wired to the vigor 2830 and is the only device using the 5ghz frequency...and everything is now perfect...

In near future, I will upgrade my wifi access points to deploy the new ubiquiti UAC pro at 1750 Mbps and with three access points.. I plan to create a vlan dedicated to dialog and hopefully that will be the long term solution...

But Devialet need to work on a Sonos like dedicated wifi... Very soon, the 5 ghz frequency will also be crowded as the 2.4ghz is currently...

Vive Devialet

Cheers
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.

Messages In This Thread
RE: From Devialet Tech Support: How Phantom, Dialog & Wifi Router communicate - by angenet - 13-Dec-2015, 09:07