Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
From Devialet Tech Support: How Phantom, Dialog & Wifi Router communicate
I'm losing my mind. I've had the Dialog and 2 phantom silvers since released in US. Music stops randomly every 5-30 minutes. Then after anywhere from 1-5 minutes it comes back on. Sometimes left speaker, sometimes right speaker, sometimes both. Everything is connected via Ethernet.  I have an optical input into the dialog which is Sonicorbiter SE.  I know the sonicorbiter is not the problem as I have same problem with sonos and streaming directly from tidal.  I only used spark to set up system (from a Windows PC which was also connected via Ethernet).  After that I never touch spark.

It guessing the dialog is losing the phantoms regularly based on the behavior.  It almost feels like even though dialog is connected via Ethernet it is choosing to communicate wirelssy to phantoms.  This set up is should be rock solid with Ethernet.  This used to only happen 1-2 times per week which was somewhat tolerable.  Only thing that changed in last few days was I bought the remote and introduced it into the system but can't believe that's the problem.

Lastly I have reset a dozen time this weekend trying various methods on this board and suggested by deviated to no avail. Will contact Devialet as soon as I have a chance and perhaps it's a defective dialog.  Anyone else with a full Ethernet setup having a problem like this?  Or any of the network pros out there have any thoughts.  Thanks in advance.

Messages In This Thread
RE: From Devialet Tech Support: How Phantom, Dialog & Wifi Router communicate - by Lolo90 - 29-Feb-2016, 01:27