Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good timing for buying a D200 today?
(08-Feb-2016, 11:25)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Beautiful room and system k1282.  How 'toddler proof' are the Sopras - do they hare hard grilles? I think they're too big for me but such things will soon be important in my house too...

Confused - you calling him untidy?! Wink Wink

Funny you are asking me that. Buying new speakers had to be baby proof indeed, which is why I went with focal in the first place. The do not have stretched piece of cloth for covering speakers, instead, it is a plastic grid which is covered in cloth, so you cannot push through the cloth and harm the speakers.

The only concern is that they are magnetic but it is easy to fix them with some good looking  duck tape. 

Also the sopra are very heavy and solid which is impossible for a kid to flip the over, not for their first 2-3 years at least and after that I I do not worry anymore as they will understand what "no" actually means.

One could worry about the chassis in terms of painting and scribbling on it but there are two options: either you let him paint on the chassis and keep it as nostalgic value or you put some neat foil on it as is the case with cars to day that have a matte finish. When they grow up you can pull of the foil.

You see, focals are "baby proof" Wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: Good timing for buying a D200 today? - by k1282 - 08-Feb-2016, 11:52