Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server
(11-Jan-2015, 10:13)ogs Wrote:
(10-Jan-2015, 17:22)GuillaumeB Wrote: We didn't try this.

Guillaume

Thanks Guillaume! Sorry about the misspelling. The Aries looks to be one of the most 'complete' streamers at the moment with Tidal/Wimp and Qobuz support plus DSD and DXD. I've yet to try one as the Andriod version of the app is not available, but some comments say the Aries (or maybe the Lightning DS app) is not quite reliable. And we do not know what DIALOG will do or how it sounds.

The ARIES is a great package and my experience with the Lightning DS app was positive. I certainly didn't experience any reliability issues. With Dialog being imminently available it probably makes sense to wait and see how it measures up to other standalone streamers.

On the other hand it will probably be some time before Dialog becomes fully functional and no doubt the early versions of SPARK will have issues.

So no easy answer really, I suppose it depends on how long you're willing to wait!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
CuBox - by Kunter - 31-Aug-2014, 13:49
RE: Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server - by GuillaumeB - 11-Jan-2015, 20:53