Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Speakers - something *unconventional*
OK, so I'm still looking for new speakers, but could use some help/ideas on what to demo next - and I'm really looking for something a bit less conventional.

My speakers currently sit at either end of a sofa, and there's little option to move them.  I'm currently using PMC Fact 8's, and as beautiful as they are, they're a bit like having a 'wall' at each end, as despite being thin, they're a metre tall and pretty deep at 40cm. They're placed near to a wall, and in corners a bit too.

So I want something less tall, less deep, and less 'box' shaped.  Oh, and to sound amazing and be under £6K (cheaper is fine too, I'm not a snob). Second hand is fine too.

I want more bass slam than I get from my Facts but I can deal with that using room correction if I have to. The Facts actually had quite a bit more to give.....

I saw the new Wilson Sabina's at my last demo. I thought they looked beautiful, and would fit the bill. Except they're out of my price bracket and I didn't 100% think they sounded great on the end of a Le 200.

Demo'd the Sonus Faber O II's that Womaz is currently enjoying. Beautiful and sounded good, but pretty much the same size as the Facts so they're out.

I googled 'unconventional speakers' and saw some great lookers but mostly huge horn type speakers or things I'd need to sell my house to buy!

So, in short, I want something small-ish, beautiful, reasonably priced, can knock me over with bass, and won't give me cardiac arrest when I see the price tag.  Wink I've got a baby coming this summer too, so something a little more robust is probably not a bad thing to think about at this stage.

Ok, so I don't want much but there must be something that ticks some boxes... but I've no idea what.....  
Any suggestions?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
New Speakers - something *unconventional* - by Hifi_swlon - 30-Jan-2016, 23:32