Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaker placement methods
There have been a few posts mentioning speaker placement, and since it's something that's on my mind at the moment I thought it might be an idea to have a thread dedicated to it.  So...

How do you find the perfect position for your loudspeakers?

Do you use a specific method?  (Maybe post a link if possible.)

Do you use any test gear, or just your ears?

What specific music (tracks) do you use, if any?

How much compromise are you prepared to make (e.g. for the sake of appearance and/or domestic harmony)?

How fussy are your speakers about placement, anyway?

To start the ball rolling:  I used the Cardas method years ago to position my current speakers and am pleased with the results.  It puts the speakers quite far into the room away from the walls, but fortunately my better half is not overly unhappy with the way it looks.  I've had a few people visit recently to set up other speakers for a home demo and they've agreed that they work well in the same position (which was quite a relief!).

I also noticed the Master Set method deviousalet posted in the Phantom section.  I'd like to try that, when time allows, although I'm a bit concerned that it will end up with the speakers in an asymmetrical arrangement that will look a bit peculiar.

There's also a set of on-line speaker placement calculators (including Cardas) at No Audiophile.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK

Messages In This Thread
Speaker placement methods - by thumb5 - 31-Jan-2016, 10:39
RE: Speaker placement methods - by Pim - 31-Jan-2016, 13:40
RE: Speaker placement methods - by colonel66 - 31-Jan-2016, 16:07
RE: Speaker placement methods - by Pim - 31-Jan-2016, 16:34
RE: Speaker placement methods - by Cylob - 31-Jan-2016, 16:49