Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
setting up sub via low level input and setting frequency crossover
I think your balance has shifted a little and thus notice the higher frequencies more. I don't think it's directly because the Devialet no longer has to amplify the lowest frequencies but rather think that either you have set the crossover frequencies too high or too low or there are phase issues in which the sub and main loudspeakers cancel each other out at certain frequencies. You could attack this issue using the tone controls but doing this you won't solve the problem at it's cause.

First I would use a program like REW to measure both the output from the loudspeakers, then sub only and then both to see what happens exactly to the output (where are frequencies summed and where are they cancelled out, is the sub outputting at a high enough level compared to the main loudspeakers etc.) and if things can be improved to let the sub blend in a more optimal way.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: setting up sub via low level input and setting frequency crossover - by Antoine - 10-Sep-2014, 18:11