Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just bought a d 200 - a few more questions
(25-Feb-2016, 10:53)Duomike Wrote: Will report my findings in two weeks. Will for sure set the max output to 30 watts. During normal listening i will rarely need more than 0,1 watt.

The omega duos are great speakers especially after modding them heavily. Teflon vcaps in tweeter xo, tweeter time aligned with midrange, xo in external box, everything hardwired. Subs removed from the frame and driven directly by d-sonics amps.  Last weekend listened to wilson shasha and kharma db 11 s, both driven by megabucks electronic at friends places.

Both sounded nice but would not exchange for my system. Low efficiency speakers, even very high end ones, restrict the effortless dynamics compared to horns.

tweeter time aligned with midrange - I've been waiting for someone to do that! How do you avoid diffraction from the midrange horn? I assume the tweeter had to be moved quite a bit back to be properly aligned
I am using very humble, but time aligned speakers at the moment. The design uses 1st order filters to begin with so it was easy to improve components and move the tweeter back to align it with the bass/mid. In combination with room correction this sounds very decent.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just bought a d 200 - a few more questions - by ogs - 25-Feb-2016, 11:38