Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tree/Branch Stands - audio quality comparison with traditional stands?
(12-Mar-2016, 20:19)IanG-UK Wrote: Mainly aesthetics in my view. Difficult to get a stand which matches the Phantom bacause of its oval footprint. And a stand which conceals the cabling.

Devialet claim heatsink advantages too, though I would have thought these minimal.

Very expensive for what it is but beautifully made.

It is mainly aesthetics as I have seen these but the heat sink and the way the cable is hidden are all nice perks as well. It is overall an excellent stand. In many instances it makes a difference in the quality of the sound especially given the fact the proper setup of the phantom does make a big difference in sound as the setup is more finicky than some other top end systems. But as many of you know the right setup puts it up there which much more expensive systems. 

What gets me is that the branch was available for a small handful of people in Canada for $495 now to find out they jacked up the price on the new branch called tree another $30 and the new white tree is now the same price as the old branch. Especially given the roll out of the branch was delayed and sucked for many of us dedicated phantom fans they should at least give us the chance to get it for the original price instead of making us wait so long and then jacking up the price like that.
2 White phantoms with remote and waiting for the 2 branches
Marantz amp with B and W CM 9 with Polk 12"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tree/Branch Stands - audio quality comparison with traditional stands? - by Slamdunk17 - 13-Mar-2016, 03:30