Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me?
(03-Apr-2016, 15:44)Silvertouran Wrote: Or does anyone else get annoyed at artists who add vinyl scratches to their music to make it sound like an old 78 record?

Just listened to the 11 CD Book from Chris Rea , called Blue Guitars. And i know it's supposed to sound like old blues records from back in the days of slavery but why are so many of the songs lavished with scratches. Makes you wonder why he even bothered puting this out on Cd. 

A few other artists i have noticed doing this is Madonna, Faithless etc. 
I just don't see the point.

Hello Sivertouran,
Chris Rea has always been very cautious with the sq of his records. eg : the Road To Hell. If interested you can check this link on youtube about the blues project :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkJl-XaAuMQ
I think the scratches should be considered as part of this ambitious piece of work ( 11 cds !). btw, Chris has always been underrated as a guitarist and a musician but it's not the matter here. I agree with you about the fact that the artistic purpose of these scratches are questionable in the long run.
This post gives me the opportunity to mention Soulmates by Man Doki : it is an interesting cd recorded old style ie with analog technology in order to render real dynamics and to illustrate the damage of compression and squeaky-clean digital recordings. It appears to me more interesting than scratches.
Best Regards.
Bruno

Auralic Aries g2.1 / Chord Qutest / CLEARAUDIO Blackmotion - cartridge Clearaudio Virtuoso V2 mm/  /Gryphon Diablo 300 / Blue jeans cable / Apertura Edena Evolution

Messages In This Thread
Is it just me? - by Silvertouran - 03-Apr-2016, 15:44
RE: Is it just me? - by Pim - 03-Apr-2016, 23:38
RE: Is it just me? - by Dr Tone - 04-Apr-2016, 14:58
RE: Is it just me? - by Hifi_swlon - 04-Apr-2016, 10:13
RE: Is it just me? - by deviousalet - 04-Apr-2016, 13:28
RE: Is it just me? - by Confused - 04-Apr-2016, 14:05
RE: Is it just me? - by Bruno - 04-Apr-2016, 16:35
RE: Is it just me? - by deviousalet - 05-Apr-2016, 05:37
RE: Is it just me? - by Bruno - 16-Apr-2016, 21:27
RE: Is it just me? - by Silvertouran - 16-Apr-2016, 21:48