Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D200 not very good sounding at low volume
(23-Apr-2016, 03:49)Duomike Wrote: I have my 200 for around 6 weeks and have put at least 300 hours on it. The longer I have it the more I realize that the amp needs a certain volume to come alive. At -30 it sounds boring and it starts to come alive at -20 or less. My friend who also owns a 200 oberserved the same thing.

I have restricted the max output to watts with is plenty with my horns. I wish they had a 5 or 10 watt setting for people with high efficiency horns.

Have other experienced the same? Remember that the review on computeraudiophile also obeserved this. A digital volume control is never 100% transparent, unfortunately.
I have only recently got back my D'Premier, had it upgraded to the 250. I don't have the problem at low volumes. It is very detailed and life like. Yes it sounds more engaging at higher volumes but I imagine that's because that what we hear when listening to live music. At lower volumes I have had no issues with loosing the sonic picture; it is all there, just at lower volumes. My set up is simple, Marantz SA11 MK2, using JRivers for my files, and Gallo Ref. 3 speakers. It is spooky how life like the sound is.
Devialet 250 Pro, Marantz SA-11 S2, Dell 2T HDD/250 SSD/24GB Mem.,using Fidelizer Pro software with JRivers. Hyperion 968 speakers. Cabling consists of Nordost Heimdall 2 power cables to all components with Nordost Qx4 inline to Devialet, all other wiring are Nordost Valhalla. I am tri-wiring the Hyperion 968s. 
 Less is More, more or less

Messages In This Thread
RE: D200 not very good sounding at low volume - by woodstock - 24-May-2016, 20:34