Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom review
Hello.

I think the reviewer did not understand what a wireless connection is, again.
Peoples tend to think it works the same way as a wired one, or, that it is as efficient when it simply isn't.

Let's have a look at what happens when you connect , let say, a smartphone, to a router using WIFI, to connect to the internet.
In fact, your connection is far from perfect, and a lot of packet are lost. But there is a mechanism that allow unreceived packet to be resent, until it reach its destination. It does eat a lot of bandwith, but since WIFI has a lot more bandwidth available than your usage, or your internet connection, it is fairly unnoticeable.

When you use your wireless connection to stream music to a speaker, it is completely different. Latency induced by resent packet is not acceptable. So if there is lost packet, or at least, to many of them, they are simply lost, and you can have dropout, or maybe the whole system will switch to a lower sound definition, to used less bandwidth, and improve connection stability, which will result in lower sound quality.

Long story short, I guess most of the connection issues, drop-out, sound quality problem peoples report are not the becasue of issue from the Phantom, or Devialet., but beacause of a poor WIFI setup. Good enough for data transmitting, but definitely not good enough for direct sound streaming.
The fact the most of users can solved it by going wired tend to make me believe I right.

Messages In This Thread
Phantom review - by David - 01-May-2016, 08:38
RE: Phantom review - by Pim - 01-May-2016, 09:08
RE: Phantom review - by ogs - 01-May-2016, 10:08
RE: Phantom review - by Silvertouran - 01-May-2016, 10:08
RE: Phantom review - by deviousalet - 02-May-2016, 18:27
RE: Phantom review - by qanda - 03-May-2016, 16:00
RE: Phantom review - by Zumb - 04-May-2016, 09:49