Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016
(15-May-2016, 12:55)iamwappie Wrote: Currently already streaming via Roon and wouldn't want another interface now I got used to Roon. Briliant. If I interpret it correctly the way I'm streaming now is bit perfect so I assume then that audio quality cannot be improved by using a future internal streaming method. Is that reasoned correctly?

Depends on who you ask. Wink You must have come accross many discussions about this already, the 'bits are bits' people, "it's all in your heads when you use a proper DAC" vs. the people that do hear differences between bit perfect player software, sources etc.

Personally I'm very tired of these discussions so I don't engage in them. But just to show where I stand I'll give you the most extreme example of something that completely challenged all my beliefs: I heard a clear difference between a standard SATA cable vs. an "audiophile" one in my now decommisioned DIY music server..still can't explain it but I have already accepted that I can't explain everything. What I do accept and believe is that to have state of the art SQ in digital a lot comes down to low RFI/EMI noise, high quality power, careful separation of ground planes and using high quality low jitter/phase noise clocks. In short we need to feed the DAC's the cleanest, low jitter signal as possible but the same goes for these DAC circuits themselves.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016 - by Antoine - 15-May-2016, 13:28