Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac AIR 3 beta vs Windows AIR 2.1.x
Please note that this thread is not about all the technical issues with AIR (and there are very many of those!), these issues are covered extensively elsewhere.

AIR 3 beta is out for the Mac now, and for those who have been successful getting it to work, there have been some very favourable reports regarding just how good the sound quality is.   However, and without going into all the details, I do have a theory that the new Mac AIR 3 and the current (V2) Windows version of AIR are in fact extremely close with respect to sound quality.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of anyone who had actually got both the Windows and Mac versions running and stable and so able to do a direct comparison.  (ok, ok, this is a bit of a long shot I know)

Anyway, has anyone actually performed this comparison?  Any observations as to sound quality?

I must admit, I am wondering if this thread will get an all time record low number of posts!  I'm not optimistic, but thought I would try anyway.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
Mac AIR 3 beta vs Windows AIR 2.1.x - by Confused - 28-May-2016, 07:27