Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
repetitive clicking noises after a couple of hours of use
(28-Jun-2016, 10:49)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Hi Pim, thanks for your reply, here go further notes:

1. For EMI / RFI to get into the Devialet and have the impact you're describing you would have to have something like a mobile phone or some other transmitter close to the Devialet. Normal interference from power cords etc. wouldn't do that.

>> Thanks.

2. This could be it but that means the amp is broken.

>> Could it be "half-broken" or there is no such a thing? -- I ask because other than the time when I drove the Bryston speakers for about 1 hour, I have never heard the cracking sound. -- I figure that temperature was pretty hot, but I remember reading that the devialet's run pretty hot for about 200 hours until they break-in. Not sure to the accuracy of that statement though. 

3. I have 4 Ohm speakers and I can drive them as hard as I wish so that's not it. Unless they drop to 1 Ohm and you drive them hard.

>> I am not sure what is the exact impedance curve on those speakers, but this link suggests that it never gets under 4 ohms, so should not be hard for the amp.

I hope you're aware of the AIR issue? What input are you using? Do you hear it on all inputs?

>> I need to verify that. I will pay more attention on the next occurrence.

Thanks again,
Pierre (coffee_fan)
Amps: Devialet 200, Linn Majik DSi, Pioneer SC-91, Chord Hugo
Speakers: Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2, Tannoy XT6, Triangle Esprit Antal EZ
Headphones: AKG  K-501, Phillips SHP-9500, PSB-M4U, Sony SBH-80, Monster Wireless, Sony MDR-7506, Sennheiser HD 280 Pro
Streamers: Sonos, OS-X Yosemite, El Capitan, High Sierra, Windows-8, Windows-10, Raspberry-Pi

Messages In This Thread
RE: repetitive clicking noises after a couple of hours of use - by Coffee_fan - 28-Jun-2016, 18:22