Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet into other power amps?
(01-Jul-2016, 17:35)f1eng Wrote:
(01-Jul-2016, 04:01)Dr Tone Wrote:
(01-Jul-2016, 02:36)Damon Wrote: Dr Tone,

But I would be surprised if dissecting the Devialet does the job. So, for you, it may not be the right pizza box.

Not dissecting, out of disgust, baby steps in a different direction.  If I find a power amp that tickles my fancy I have another line stage and dac I can use for a bit.  Better preamps and DACs than the Devialet's are easy to come by.   ADH and SAM is what makes the Devialet special, IMO.

The DAC is an integral part of ADH, which also incorporated the preamp function, so what you wrote is nonsense.

One can certainly buy more expensive DACs and preamps but judging whether they are different would be impossible since one can not separate the effect of the DAC from ADH.

No need to to get defensive as an owner, Devialet hasn't done a single thing to deserve it.

Saying you can't compare the output section and/or preamp DAC combo to other options doesn't make sense.  All it take is a dedicated power amp.  You can then compare the Devialet output section to that power amp as BriantT has done above.  You can then also compare the Devialet front end to other offerings using that same power amp.

You can't break the DAC and preamp apart on the Devialet for comparison that much I can agree on.

Anyway, my comparison plans have come to an end for now at least as the Ayre doesn't support Bananas.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Messages In This Thread
Devialet into other power amps? - by Dr Tone - 30-Jun-2016, 01:52
RE: Devialet into other power amps? - by Damon - 01-Jul-2016, 02:36
RE: Devialet into other power amps? - by f1eng - 01-Jul-2016, 17:35
RE: Devialet into other power amps? - by Dr Tone - 01-Jul-2016, 18:26