Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audible dropouts when connecting turntable to phono input on Companion
I don't think this has anything to do with the 3.5mm stereo jack. More likely the digital link cable you are using between the Master and Companion is not compatible with Devialet. I have had similar issues of audio dropout with the AudioQuest Diamond digital cable. Everything works fine if the content remains below 24/192. Audio dropouts at 24/192. You should check in the configurator if you have enabled the phono output as 24/192. If that is the case the i would suggest dropping it back down to 24/96. And eventually change the digital link cable.
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Audible dropouts when connecting turntable to phono input on Companion - by helloworld1978 - 04-Jul-2016, 20:49