Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Ensemble review in HFC
Just read this thread.

I am wondering if anyone has actually measured the bass extension on this ensemble themselves to see if the 25hz extension:

1. Is really at -3db. I still find it hard to believe. Just amazing stat. This is a question of how flat it goes down.

2. What is the peak db at this level? This is a question of quantity that it can reproduce at 25hz.

3. Quality - this is more subjective. Wondering if the 25hz is taut and fast. The grand piano can go down to 27hz and its timbre is not always the easiest to produce.

If it really is 25hz with sufficient quantity and quality, then for small room setting, no need for towers or the like. And it probably images remarkably well.

Thanks!
MtnGuy

(10-Aug-2014, 23:21)supreme Wrote: I took delivery of my Devialet Ensemble kit the about 3 weeks ago. It is a truly amazing system the SAM processing is a true innovation and really makes the Atom GT1 speakers sing and the bass is incredible with SAM enabled I'm still looking for what seems like 1-2 new invisible subwoofers added to my system!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet Ensemble review in HFC - by MountainGuy - 30-Dec-2014, 07:44