Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D800 upgrade, is it worth it? Alternatives?
Some interesting suggestions from Dr Tone & Thumb5.... (and excellent embedded links from Thumb5)

There is a problem though. A quick check on the 'net indicates that UK dealers are a little thin on the ground. As an example, the Gryphon has one UK dealer which is located in Glasgow, approximately 400 miles away from where I live. The point is that to get a sensible audition of these various rivals, although not impossible, would be quite a serious and difficult logistical exercise.

If I had serious issues with Devialet's performance, then it might well be worth the effort. Often a case with stuff like this, that you do need to be realistic as to what can sensibly be auditioned, and this does tend to limit options in particular with the less common brands of speakers / amplifiers. Although after listening to the 1000 Pro at my 'local' dealer Oxford Audio, I did spot a Chord Dave lurking there. So although options may be limited, they are not non-existent.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: D800 upgrade, is it worth it? Alternatives? - by Confused - 18-Jul-2016, 13:23