Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Experimenting with speaker/listening position
I don't fuss about with my system much at all, but speaker positioning is an easy way to change or adjust the way a system sounds, at least for those of us that are careful listeners, and have speakers that can actually be moved. I was speaking with Terry London, who writes for home theater review dot com and he recommended that I try tipping my Lawrence Audio speakers forward; I did so by about 20mm/ 3/4" and it made a very nice difference.

Perhaps the improvement is because my speakers are sort of stuffed in among the other debris in the living room but I think also because my central listening chair is quite low- lower than many typical LR chairs. It may also be a function of the rear-firing ribbon tweeter this speaker has, so the tilt affects that reflected sound as well as the font-facing AMT tweeter.

Once adjusted  they just sit there, unmolested by me, and play on.

Interesting comparative note by DimiPap comparing the improvement to the addition of a Naim Hi-Cap.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Experimenting with speaker/listening position - by Damon - 19-Jul-2016, 19:09