Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Experimenting with speaker/listening position
@Axel: That's one of my findings too although in my case, regarding soundstage, it's depth that has improved the greatest, with also a great sense of instrument separation.

@Pim: I completely agree with you. I guess manufacturers recommend positioning based on a neutral room (hardly the case)...

@Damon: It was actually me who mentioned about the Hi-Cap. I still remember very well the huge improvement it brought to the Supernait. Suddenly the music just sounded more real and alive. A bit like looking at a painting with or without glasses!
The position change you are referring to is rake, isn't it? I did experiment with it sometime ago in order to get a more "airy" sound. Basically you are lowering or rising the tweeter in order reach a balance between an airy and a bright presentation. For this experiment best albums are those with mainly female voices some say.

I find speaker positioning and room acoustics a fascinating subject as small changes can make such a difference...
Aurender X100 >> Totaldac USB cable >> D200 >> SF Olympica II

Italy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Experimenting with speaker/listening position - by MusicLover - 19-Jul-2016, 22:21