Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
(25-Jul-2016, 23:20)Vivialet Wrote: At least Devialet offers an upgrade to a new model for a reasonable price. What if you have bought any other amp, be it Accuphase, McIntosh or Bryston ? They also come up with new models every few years without any upgrade option. You have so sell the old amp and buy a new one. The loss would be the same in the 200 range, much more in the 800 range. So I'm glad that we have this option and I would always buy a Devialet again.

There are a few other high end brands that do and for more affordable prices.  Ayre as one example.

I upgraded my QB9 for a little over 20% of the new price to the QB9-DSD. It received a new USB, DAC and analog section, not minor in any means.

Devialets compact design is a detriment in upgradability.  It's all or nothing from what I can tell.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program - by Dr Tone - 25-Jul-2016, 23:34