Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
(26-Jul-2016, 03:26)Damon Wrote: Hi hk,

It will be very interesting to see what is actually involved with the upgrade. I'm not ruling out the possibility, but I never come home and listen to music, and then start to itch for more. Then again, once I heard the Devialet, I had that itch.... So I'm just going to hang around and see what falls out of the tree, so to speak. I agree that the D120 appears to get the biggest relative improvement, in terms of power at least,  but we still won't have the extra inputs or pre-out facility that the D200 has.

I must avoid listening to the upgraded amp, or else I better start saving my beer bottles now.

I think Jnan will upgrade. I know he feels his speakers need more power. He and I have spoken on the telephone several times- the last time when I was on a sailboat off the coast of Croatia. That went over very well with my wife, I can tell you. Jnan is a terrific fellow, and he has been a great help to me - thanks JD!.

I have already sent email to Devialet requesting for how do I take it forward for upgrade  Wink . However received auto email with ticket number. Hope it works as easy as the emails work.

Btw there is pre-out added when Le 120 becomes 220 Pro.
Read the text "New advanced phono stage including pre-out functionality" on the link -> http://en.devialet.com/expertpro/#upgrade-en-us/  (under 120->220 Pro)

Regarding Le 200 becoming 220 Pro, i agree with many here regarding cost for upgrade. Devs have got it wrong, because if you read carefully there is no addition of Pre-Out functionality for 220 Pro, as it already exists and they should have removed that cost from Upgrade program for Le 200.

My last request for possible addition of pre-out for my Le 120 was around ~ Sg$ 770 (give or take few)
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program - by Jnan_devi - 26-Jul-2016, 05:38