Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
New streamerboard, what functions do we want?
As there is not much information what this new streamerboard will bring to us or if Devialet even started to develop the board it self. I think there is some reports of it having an ARM processor but not much else.

So how about we start to list functions we want so Devialet can perhaps se this and try to fix what the users want.

I was looking at other products and Mark Levinson No.519 player/streamer features a ARM based streamer and has the following functions.

Quote:Built-in Spotify Connect, Tidal, Qobuz, Deezer, Rhapsody/Napster, QQ, plus thousands of internet radio stations and podcasts deliver hundreds of millions of tracks in standard and even high-resolution formats, on demand*. And because the № 519’s Precision Stream is a powerful internet-connected computer built on a 1GHz ARM Cortex multicore 32‑bit processor with 4GB each of RAM and flash, its feature and content portfolios will continue to grow over time.

http://www.marklevinson.com/productdetai...no519.html

Devialet runs at 40bit/384kHz PCM internaly so this would to me suggest that a new streamerboard would make it possible to run more than todays 24bit/192kHz or DSD64.

So my list is something like this.

Roon Ready, Spotify Connect, Tidal, Qobuz, Deezer, Rhapsody/Napster, internet radio, up to DSD128 and DXD 24/384kHz if it is possible with the DAC. Perhaps a bit over the top but if others can do it why can not Devialet do this, lots of functions that will perhaps please us all.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Messages In This Thread
New streamerboard, what functions do we want? - by octaviars - 27-Jul-2016, 15:16