Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got a 120, couple of questions
Hi all, I am thrilled to be a new 120 owner. This unit represents everything I want in a piece of hifi. I am running a Rega P3-24 and a MacBook Pro/Air 3.1 Beta for Spotify and iTunes streaming, as well as a Chromecast Audio also for Spotify which may soon be sunset if Air 3.1 continues to prove stable. Speakers are KEF LS50, and I love SAM. This system is used on the desktop and will get a ton of hours.  

I have been playing with settings for the last few days and there are a couple of general settings that I have questions on.

1. Is anyone not using dynamic power management? It appears to be default as of the 8.x firmware. Not sure I love the concept for a piece of hifi but Devialet thinks it is worthy of a "default" designation. Would love opinions on this, I have yet to A/B. 

2. What about putting the unit to sleep? I have the display going dark after a few seconds during normal operation, and then the unit goes into low power after after 30 minutes with the display still completely black. Then After another 60 minutes, the unit goes to sleep and actually powers on the display (very low brightness showing "Devialet 120") while also requiring all of the settings to be reloaded before the device will play music. 

I am leaning towards disabling sleep, and just letting it stay in low power mode in order to keep the display always off and avoiding the 10 second bootup while coming out of sleep. Any reason not to do this? 

Thanks

LA

Messages In This Thread
Got a 120, couple of questions - by Les Anderson - 01-Aug-2016, 01:19
RE: Got a 120, couple of questions - by Pim - 01-Aug-2016, 02:51
RE: Got a 120, couple of questions - by Pim - 01-Aug-2016, 11:08
RE: Got a 120, couple of questions - by ogs - 01-Aug-2016, 08:39
RE: Got a 120, couple of questions - by Cylob - 01-Aug-2016, 14:24
RE: Got a 120, couple of questions - by Cylob - 01-Aug-2016, 17:11
RE: Got a 120, couple of questions - by NickB - 01-Aug-2016, 16:37