Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The amplifier being replaced by my D400
Ahh memories! A D-Premier replaced my 11 year old FPB400x (and AR Ref 2 pre and Ayre Phono stage).

My prediction?

Minuses: You won't have the bass grip, extension and slam that only Krell can give (cliche but true). Your house will be a lot colder and safer.
Plusses: The speed and clarity of the Dev across the frequency range will be very obvious. The Krell sounds a bit slow and ponderous by comparison. Bass with Dev is lighter but very tuneful and you hear more bass textures rather than one note grunt (depends what you like). Soundstaging with Dev is more realistic. Your feet and fingers will be safe (I sliced the bottom of my foot open on the Krell!). You will also get rid of last least one other item (maybe even 3 - pre/dac/phono) and a whole mess of interconnects and mains cables.

I still miss my Krell and would probably have a pair of 750cx monos by now if Devialet did not exist.
Devialet 1000 Pro; Magico A5 loudspeakers; Metronome T3a Signature CD Transport; dCS Network Bridge; Kuzma M turntable; Kuzma 4Point14 tonearm; Koetsu Sky Blue; Benzmicro LPS; Audioquest Vodka Ethernet; Transparent Reference Digital RCA-RCA; Transparent Reference XL MM2 speaker cable; Transparent Reference mains cable; PS Audio P5 PowerPlant; Artesania and Finite Elemente equipment racks 
North Somerset, UK     

Messages In This Thread
RE: The amplifier being replaced by my D400 - by KIBM - 10-Aug-2016, 09:51