Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small fingers + woofer dust caps on expensive speakers = ?
The parents are good friends and very apologetic.....

Spares from PMC are more affordable than I expected, they don't fix the caps but in their opinion if not punctured is unlikely to affect the sound. They can sell me a driver to install myself or get a local dealer to do it, or they'll do it at a reasonable cost. They strongly recommend not to courier as they have nightmares with them, and so I could take it in the car and do a 'pit stop' fix at their (newish) HQ in Biggleswade - which I'm sort of tempted to do just to see it.

I was surprised to learn the drivers aren't soldered on but are push on spade connectors - for some reason just assumed they would be soldered.

Also found PMC to be very helpful and matter of fact - not very 'audiophile' which was quite refreshing. When I asked if it would sound identical they said all components were made to an exact spec so can easily be replaced so 'it should, but listen and see and if you need to order another driver from the same batch'). Mmmm, spares are a decent price but not so decent I want to do both (or all four for both speakers). What do you think, do drivers performance change over time?

In any case I can get a perfect new driver a few ways, so can relax.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Small fingers + woofer dust caps on expensive speakers = ? - by Hifi_swlon - 16-Aug-2016, 16:59