Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot get streaming to work to my D400
I am using exactly the same settings recommended on this thread. I am streaming from a Mac Pro (late 2013 model), using AudiNirvana Plus, have selected Devialet Air as the sound device, all the options look like the standard ones. The D400 is on the ethernet input (I don't use wifi). I get no sound at all because the D400 is getting no signal (monitoring with the level meters indicates no signal is coming in). 

This is really frustrating. Another reason why despite all the hoopla over other streamers, I am staying to my tried and trusted Logitech Squeezebox, the only streamer that I have found works reliably 100% of the time, over almost a decade. Other models come and go, and are quickly discarded when I find they are totally unreliable. 

I would like to get AIR working to test and compare against the Logitech, but it seems to be also in the pile of has-been's. How can a company that can design a product as well thought out and brilliant as the Dxx series not be able to get streaming to work right? Is the fault in the AIR or in the user? If as a computer science professor and well experienced in software and hardware cannot get this to work, how can the average user be able to do much better? 

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Messages In This Thread
Cannot get streaming to work to my D400 - by srima - 02-Sep-2016, 14:29