Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Gold measurements: a stunning web first!
OK, I am going to post a new set of measurements. These measurements were taken with the mic about 1 meter from each Phantom. Each Phantom Gold was measured separately. See picture for an illustration of the mic setup. 

I am attaching several new measurements, all of which look pretty amazing to me (given the cost and size of this speaker, er. hifi system). The waterfall plots look exceptionally clean. This is a Stereophile Class A loudspeaker in every sense of the term. I have seen Class A loudspeakers with much worse waterfall plots. I am also attaching a RTA plot for the left loudspeaker, which has a finer resolution. 

Once again, ignoring the inevitable bass hump due to placement near the back wall, these are exceptionally smooth measurements for what  is a bargain priced loudspeaker. Let me remind everyone that $3K is chump change for a speaker of this quality. There are mini monitors produced by companies like Harbeth and Spendor that cost more (and these don't come with 4500 watt amplifiers, D-to-A converters, preamp, wireless streaming etc.). 

More to follow, including distortion, impulse response etc. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom Gold measurements: a stunning web first! - by srima - 25-Sep-2016, 19:01